Our Advertising and Marketing practice group has extensive experience in advising our clients, whether advertisers, agencies, talent or market researchers, providing tailor-made and very efficient solutions, both at domestic and international level.
The practice group’s attorneys provide our clients with comprehensive legal support as well as greater efficiency for their advertising and marketing related legal matters:
- Advising agencies in relation to advertising and promotional activities, such as innovative marketing and advertising campaigns, direct marketing, (including the drafting of participation terms and conditions), product placement, sponsorship, endorsement, production of audio-visual works with branded content, ambush marketing and promotional events.
- Preparation and negotiation of contracts for agencies, talent and advertisers, and can also assist with public procurement tenders.
- Advising on Data Protection issues in connection with direct marketing activities, Websites and Social Media.
- Assistance with the legal implications in IP, in particular copyright, trademarks and branding deriving from advertising and marketing activities, helping our clients with the preparatory work prior to launching a new product or advertising campaign.
- Image rights matters, such as assignment, defence, endorsement, right to privacy, employment of minors in advertising, with particular emphasis on sports and entertainment sectors.
- Our expertise also covers sectors with particular advertising restrictions (pharma industry, alcohol and gambling), restrictions on labelling and product claims (e.g. foodstuffs and pet food) or which apply specific codes of conduct.
- Litigation, both in civil and criminal courts, as well as administrative procedures and disputes before self-regulatory bodies such as Autocontrol.