Our M&A team has a sophisticated international transactional practice representing clients in cross- border transactions including mergers and acquisitions, capital market financings, securities transactions, asset transactions, restructurings and MBO’s.
The firm’s M&A lawyers participate in transactions in virtually every jurisdiction. By leveraging our full international capabilities and structures worldwide, Buigas lawyers handle effectively even the most complex cross-jurisdictional deals. We have successfully advised more than 300 transactions of all sorts, both in Spain and abroad, acting for a wide range of Spanish and foreign clients in all sectors of industry and capital markets.
Our team has wide experience in:
- Advise on acquisitions and sale of all kind of private companies through purchases, mergers and capital increases.
- Advise in acquisitions of listed companies (takeovers), including public-to-private transactions and the exclusion of minority shareholders, public offers and listing of companies.
- Turn-arounds, restructurings and investments in companies in financial difficulties (distressed M&A).
- National and international mergers, disposals and assignments of assets and liabilities.
- Leveraged buy-outs (LBOs), management buy-outs (MBOs) and management buy-ins (MBIs).
- Acquisition financing, senior and mezzanine financing and vendor loans.
- Bond issues, high yield bonds and other debt instruments.
- Asset securitisation.